Go Placidly amid the noise and the haste
And remember what peace there may be in silence
As far as possible, without surrender
Be on good terms with all persons
Speak your truth quietly and clearly
And listen to others
Even to the dull and the ignorant
They to have their story
Avoid loud and aggressive persons
They are vexations to the spirt
If you compare yourself with others
You may become bitter or vain
For always there will be
Greater and lesser persons than yourself
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans
Keep interest in your own career, however humble
It is a real possession
In the changing, fortunes of time
Exercise caution in your business affairs
For the world is full of trickery
But let this not blind you
To what virtue there is
Many persons strive for high ideals
And everywhere life is full of heroism
Be yourself, especially do not feign affection
Neither be cynical about love
For in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
It is a perennial as the grass
Take kindly the counsel of the years
Gracefully surrendering the things of youth
Nurture stength of spirit
To shield you in sudden misfortune
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself
You are a child of the universe
No less than the trees and the stars
You have a right to be here
And whether or not it is clear to you
No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should
Therefore, be at peace with God
Whatever you conceive him to be
And whatever your labors and aspirations
In the noisy confusion of life
Keep peace in your soul
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams
It is still a beautiful world
Be cheerful, Strive to be happy
Instructions for Life in the New
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, respect for others
responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to
enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds
your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
Donna's Main Pages
* Home Page * New Year's * Groundhog * Valentine's *
* NASCAR * President's * Birthday * St. Patrick's *
* April Fool's
* Easter * Mother's * Memorial * Father's *
* Labor * Grandparent's * School Day's *
* Halloween *
* Christmas *
No right click code by Billy Bear
Images not available for download.